Bonding

I find it hard looking at this blank piece of virtual paper and finding a way to say this.
But you gotta start somewhere.

Today I realized one of the best feelings in the world is helping others - like, really really connecting. To people who you didn't have much to bond on, didn't have that familiarity they need (and you need) to open up to you and pour out their problems.

But I knew they had problems. We all do, we all have those things deep inside us, the doubt, the fear, the resentment, the guilt - things that eat away at who we are. 

But those things don't define us. We are all people - me and them, we are alike. We hurt, we bleed, we cry, we laugh, we rejoice. We connect. We share.

I shared such a beautiful moment. I opened up to people I never knew I could open up to, I spoke to them and even though they still felt the distance that we couldn't wipe away. But I didn't open up to them so I could share. I didn't ask them to tell me their problems. What I taught them was the fact that our problems do not define us - they are simply a matter of perspective.

So, respecting their privacy, we played a game. We kept our problems a secret and we turned them into something beautiful. We took fear, hate, anger, depression and loneliness and we crafted it into something that no longer threatens us.


At that moment, I could see the look in their eyes and I knew deep inside, they were thinking about their issues, but this new perspective helped them. It was so genuine and beautiful that I feel privileged to have cracked open a new perspective.

We are bigger than our problems, we are bigger than we know. We're amazing and awesome and turning bad into good, venom into honey is the best feeling in the world.


Comments

Popular Posts