When I was a kid, I used to dream a lot. Daydream, pretend, wish - it was who I was. A kid who liked to imagine. A kid with the gift of make believe.

When I was a kid, I used to pretend. I pretended to have a pet tiger by 3rd grade, who'd follow me around to school and back and be my silent best friend.

I'd pretend I had super powers. I'd pretend I was invisible and could go anywhere, do anything. I'd pretend I'd be more alive.


Today, I laugh at my superpowers. I laugh at this little kid who had no idea what to wish for.

Today I wish I had the power to whisk anyone I choose away on some island. Some bubble world removed from care. A world where we dont need anything or want anything but each other. I don't want ridiculous cares and issues and I dont know just make a little bubble world for me and her.

I'm not perfect and I don't want to be. I don't want someone perfect either.

That's why it's a super power. Because its not real. And it's fucking stupid. And it's never going to be like that
and I'll always, always be fucking hollow.

Comments

Popular Posts