Silly is what silly does

And that was a pretty silly reason for all this :p. And if that was a proof of lack of care, if that was me doing something that hurts someone else, then I'm rather fortunate I didn't get to the more serious stuff.
I don't deserve to be around someone who won't let me be myself - and who claim to get hurt by me doing what I want. If people can't tell when something is serious or offensive, then they don't know me - and certainly I'm in no way going to let myself be forced to make decisions that aren't me to satiate somebody's vulnerable, silly ego. Or to make a decision that isn't even on the table, that doesn't exist, that was just invented and planted there for dramatic effect.
People give you ultimatums in serious moments, when there is a serious mess-up and two very real choices are in front of you: A or B. Especially when A or B are mutually exclusive. But when option B is not even a serious threat to A, when it's not even a choice, just a momentary dilemma, a silly mundane issue, I won't be drawn into a forced issue just because option A was invented on the spot. Taking something that's a non-issue and making it an issue just for selfish reasons isn't right.
I am selfish, yes. I have many flaws. If I hurt someone, I'm sorry for doing it. If someone else is hurt because they don't like who I am, they don't understand me or know me, how can I even bear the responsibility? 
If there's one thing I can and always will be, it will be myself. If that's not enough, I'm sorry. I'm sorry for any pain I cause, and I'm sorry for everything else.
But I can't be anything but myself.

Comments

gigela said…
Spalatul rufelor in public este mai de prost gust chiar si decat amestecarea rozului cu mov verde galben si maro de catre iubita ta in tinuta de zi cu zi.

Dar e ok, eu si cu cativa prieteni am pus la bookmarks alaturi de Libertatea.ro si stirile de ultima ora despre pepe.
seamus said…
Spalatul rufelor in public... sau thoughts and insight, on my own *personal*, blog? ;)

Popular Posts