I've tried so many ways to enjoy living, to go about and do it. Haven’t tried everything, don’t think anyone can, but I’ve tried every approach I can think of. Maybe sometimes you have to try a lot of things to get new approaches, maybe you only get all the approaches after you try everything, but you know, I’m only human.

So, like any young man of my age, I’ve tried buying a bunch of stuff and living life via the items you surround yourself with. I’ve tried this a few times in my life, gotta have that new phone, superstars are super-rad this season, go crazy with the khakis, you all know the drill. But time and time again I realized it didn’t cut it and went “neah, I don’t like that”. Really came in and out of that a couple of times.

Then you get all lonely and you feel unique, yeah unique, but not in the way you wanted, not in the way people got your back-unique, in the unique and uh, un-noticed kind of way. So I shut myself off, went all Gregory House on life, was the cynical, misanthropic curmudgeon. A role that suited me all too well, but I kind of came in and out of that too. A lot of us do that, a lot of you do that, it’s really appealing, you know? I thought the same, I thought that’s what I have to do to be a genius, you have to be mad. So maybe if you’re not yet a genius but you’re mad first, maybe if you put the word mad before genius, you can force the Genius to appear.

But that doesn’t work either, but through the years I’ve been in and out of various me’s and that’s helped me grow, but the point is I’ve paced myself pretty well, I’ve met a lot of interesting people, done a lot of things, made a lot of things happen for myself, been a lot of people. And that’s a cool thing. But I guess the one approach to this, that I will always find allright, and perfect, is Love.

Comments

Popular Posts